Re: autocompilation hosed?

From: david mosberger <dmosberger_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-07-13 13:28:24
On 7/12/05, Ian Wienand <ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 03:28:35PM -0700, david mosberger wrote:
> > On 7/12/05, Ian Wienand <ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> > > Hopefully I'll fix it today or tomorrow (at least you can see it which
> > > means we must have DNS sorted out ... finally :)
>
> Ok, some fiddling and a quick cogito update and it is running again.
> For future runs it should use gcc-4.0; do you think this is a good
> idea?

I'm also using gcc-4.0.1 by default now.  It basically seems to work
(apart from lots of additional annoying warning messages).  There is
one oddity: on my zx2000, it doesn't boot anymore without console=tty0
or console=ttyS0 arguments.  I'm not sure yet whether that's a
compiler-triggered problem or whether something changed in the kernel
that's causing this.