RE: Xen and the Art of Linux/ia64 Virtualization

From: Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) <dan.magenheimer_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-07-07 06:46:41
The patch I posted yesterday had a couple of bugs.
This version applies cleanly against 2.6.12 and
(when augmented with additional files from various
Xen subdirectories) has been booted both on Xen/ia64
and on hardware.

Note that a patch to drivers/acpi/motherboard.c (that
allows for acpi to be enabled on a stubbed acpi tree
without a kernel null pointer dereference!) is required
and has been submitted separately to the linux-acpi list.

With the exception of three short CONFIG_XEN
ifdefs, the vast majority of changes in this patch
are code rearrangement to enable a number of routines
and defines to add one level of abstraction.

Comments and feedback would be much appreciated!

 arch/ia64/Kconfig             |    7 +
 arch/ia64/Makefile            |    1
 arch/ia64/hp/sim/Makefile     |    2
 arch/ia64/ia32/elfcore32.h    |    2
 arch/ia64/ia32/ia32_signal.c  |    6 -
 arch/ia64/ia32/ia32_support.c |    4 -
 arch/ia64/kernel/entry.S      |   30 ++++---
 arch/ia64/kernel/head.S       |    4 +
 arch/ia64/kernel/irq_ia64.c   |   12 +--
 arch/ia64/kernel/pal.S        |    5 -
 arch/ia64/kernel/setup.c      |    3
 include/asm-ia64/delay.h      |   53 -------------
 include/asm-ia64/privop.h     |  160
 include/asm-ia64/processor.h  |   56 --------------
 include/asm-ia64/system.h     |   12 +--