RE: problem booting -mm2 kernel on rx2600

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-06-30 20:13:03
Tony,

Matt Chapman found a work around for my problem with
booting 2.6.12-mm2 on my rx2600. Basically it can boot in
SMP mode, if we bypass some of the migration cost
measurements using the command line option migration_cost=

Given that the same kernel boots on some other rx2600, it
seems like there may be a timing bug/race in this code.
Could your GIT bisect method identify a change in that
piece of code?