Re: problem booting -mm2 kernel on rx2600

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-06-30 07:17:07
On Wednesday 29 June 2005 3:08 pm, Luck, Tony wrote:
> >No.  Current upstream + the patch you mention boots fine for me no
> >zx2000, both with "console=ttyS0" and with no "console=" argument
> >at all.
> >
> >How does it fail for you?
>
> It just hangs after the "uncompressing" message.  But when I added
>
> 	console=uart,mmio,0xff5e0000
>
> to see what was going on, it came all the way up!!!

What "console=" argument do you normally use?  What is your
EFI console configuration (particularly ConOut)?

IIUC, your kernel works fine without Mark's patch, and fails
with it.  Right?

Documentation/ia64/serial.txt has some troubleshooting hints,
but I didn't expect Mark's patch to make a difference in this
area.