Re: flush_icache_range

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-06-03 04:28:20
>>>>> On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:12:02 +0200, Zoltan Menyhart <Zoltan.Menyhart@bull.net> said:

  Zoltan> Here is my next try.

The changes to the assembly-file look mostly OK, except for the usual
white-space issues (trailing whitespace, introduction of new, useless
blank lines).

More importantly, it looks to me like there is an off-by-one bug:
ar.lc needs to be initialized to loop_count-1.  Which raises the
question: how well has this been tested?  Or am I missing something?

As for setup.c: I'd get rid of LOG_2_I_CACHE_STRIDE_SIZE and just
initialize log_2_i_cache_stride_size to 5 (there is no point in
initializing it with a random & useless value).

Also, I think you should do take the minimum of _all_ cache-levels,
not just level 1 (yes, I also have a hard time imagining a system
where the higher level has a smaller stride, but I don't think there
is anything that prevents such a system).

Thanks,