[Fwd: Re: ia64 sched-domains initialisation]

From: Monica Correa <mcorrea_at_inf.pucrs.br>
Date: 2005-05-28 03:10:05
Hi Jesse and Xavier,

  Since last February we have implemented a patch for Linux that
considers the number of levels a NUMA computer has. We build the sched
domains based on the number of levels, which we extract from the SLIT
table. We have tested our code on a HP Superdome computer, and we are
willing to share it with someone that would try it. We didn't share it
before because we could not test our patch in a bigger machine. The
machine we have access to is a 1 NUMA level.

  Further, we modelled our strategy using analytical models and
simulation and the results we got are promissing. You can find our patch
and copies of two papers that describe our strategy in the following
address:  http://www.inf.pucrs.br/~peso/loadBalancerEng.htm. We are
preparing a paper on the simulation results we got (if you would like to
get a copy of the unfinished version of this paper, we can send it
directly to you).

  It would be nice if you could give us some feedback on our approach.

  Monica Correa