Re: flush_icache_range

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-05-28 02:55:42
>>>>> On Fri, 27 May 2005 18:45:19 +0200, Zoltan Menyhart <Zoltan.Menyhart@bull.net> said:

  Zoltan> I think we cannot use per-CPU data

Why?  I didn't think it was used until per-CPU is initialized.

  Zoltan> and there is no need for using per-CPU data, because fc.i a
  Zoltan> global operation, the stride size is a common global value
  Zoltan> for a give machine.

Ugh, where that is say that?  I can easily imagine a processor where
your argument would not hold true.

  Zoltan> Shall we use the system wide minimum stride ?

Yes, that would be fine, too.

  Zoltan> Why does not the SAL calculate it ? :-)

BTW: instead of calculating the min log2 stride, I'd just export the
actual stride.  No point doing that in flush_cache over and over
again.