[patch 0/4] Kprobes support for IA64

From: Anil S Keshavamurthy <anil.s.keshavamurthy_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-05-24 01:39:06
Hi Andrew,
	As many of you know that kprobes exist in the main line kernel
for various architecture including i386, x86_64, ppc64 and sparc64.
Attached patches following this mail are a port of Kprobes and Jprobes for IA64.

I have tesed this patches for kprobes and Jprobes and this seems to work fine.
I have tested this patch by inserting kprobes on various slots and
various templates including various types of branch instructions.

I have also tested this patch using the tool
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111657358022586&w=2
and the kprobes for IA64 works great.

This path depends on
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111634286225988&w=2
which is in your mm tree.

Here is list of TODO things and pathes for the same will appear soon.
1) Support kprobes on "mov r1=ip" type of instruction
2) Support Kprobes and Jprobes to exist on the same address
3) Support Return probes
3) Architecture independent cleanup of kprobes

I am sending this mail through quilt and looks like the subject line appear to be
same on all patches, sorry about that.

Please apply.

Thanks,

-Anil Keshavamurthy