Re: Allocating uncacheable memory from OS

From: Jes Sorensen <jes_at_wildopensource.com>
Date: 2005-05-18 18:15:03
>>>>> "David" == David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> writes:

>>>>> On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:37:39 +1000, Keith Owens <kaos@sgi.com> said:
Keith> Is there any ia64 OS routine for allocating uncacheable memory?
Keith> I am trying to simulate the SAL/OS interface for MCA handling
Keith> and the min-state area is expected to be uncacheable.

David> Jes Sorensen was/has been working on such a thing.

Yep,

I have something in the works, it used to be part of the mspec driver
but I am in the process of pulling it out and making it a seperate
entity.

Currently the thing operates at page size entries only, is that
sufficient for you Keith?

Cheers,
Jes