Re: elf header bits for page migration support......

From: Peter Chubb <peterc_at_gelato.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 2005-05-16 19:41:16

H> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 05:20:27AM -0500, Ray Bryant wrote:
>> Tony,
>>
>> The alternative being suggested is to mark the elf header of object
>> files that should only have shared pages migrated, or that should
>> not be migrated (e. g. you don't want to migrate /bin/csh all the
>> time.)

Would the program header not be a better place?  There are spare bits
there, I believe, and then each PT_LOAD segment could have a different
attribute, perhaps.
--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*