[RFC/PATCH 0/3] ACPI based I/O APIC hot-plug

From: Kenji Kaneshige <kaneshige.kenji_at_jp.fujitsu.com>
Date: 2005-04-21 23:39:26
Hi,

Here is a set of patches to support ACPI based I/O APIC hotplug. This
code consists of the following three patches.

    - Add the new interfaces for I/O APIC hot-add/hot-remove. The
      implementation of these interfaces depends on each architecture.

    - IA64 implementation of above-mentioned interfeces for I/O APIC
      hot-add/hot-remove.

    - Add I/O APIC hot-add support to ACPIPHP dirver. PCI root bridge
      hot-add will be fully functional with this patch. This will be
      also needed to support hot-add of p2p bridge hierarchy that
      contains I/O APICs. This code supports only hot-add for now.

These patches support I/O APIC hot-plug on ia64 only for now. These
are against 2.6.12-rc2-mm3.

Thanks,
Kenji Kaneshige