Re: tiger_defconfig build fails for 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: Christoph Lameter <clameter_at_engr.sgi.com>
Date: 2005-04-07 09:45:54
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Oh well, I'll drop it for now.  Christoph, could you please double-check
> everything (including the x86 mmx thing) and resend?

Drop it for good. It only showed minimal benefit on ia64 (however, 3% on
i386). I am working on something different that uses temporal and
nontemporal stores for clearing pages. It will add a clear_cold function
that can zero higher order pages using nontemporal stores in order to
avoid thrashing the cache. No clear_page/clear_pages anymore.