Re: [patch] add MCA recovery on/off switch

From: Russ Anderson <rja_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-04-07 05:28:09
Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2005 8:32 pm, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> > Russ Anderson wrote:
> > > Create /proc/sys/kernel/mca_recovery to turn on/off the MCA recovery
> > > code. This allows the recovery code to be enabled or disabled without
> > > having to reboot.
> >
> > Is there also a way to disable MCA recovery on the command line
> > as a boot option?  Using sysctl for it could be too late.
>
> Yeah, we added the 'nomca' option a while back to disable machine check
> recovery altogether, but it prevents it from being enabled later on iirc.

I've been convinced that the better way to turn the MCA recovery
code on/off is to build it as a module and insmod/rmmod.
That infrastructure already exists so there is no need for this patch.
Sorry about the noise...

--
Russ Anderson, OS RAS/Partitioning Project Lead
SGI - Silicon Graphics Inc          rja@sgi.com