Re: Export pda_percpu?

From: Jack Steiner <steiner_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-03-17 00:51:25
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:42:02PM -0800, Luck, Tony wrote:
> >I need cnodeid_to_nasid() to figure out which SHUB to use from mmtimer.
> >

> >however cnodeid_to_nasid is defined as
> >
> >#define cnodeid_to_nasid(cnodeid)
> >pda->cnodeid_to_nasid_table[cnodeid]
>
> Cleaner to turn cnodeid_to_nasid() into a real function
> and export that.  Is it used in critical performance paths?
>
> -Tony

AFAICT, none of the current uses are on performance critical pathes.
Making it a real function & exporting it is probably the best thing to
do. An alternative would be to remove cnodeid_to_nasid_table[] from
the pda & make it an exported table.

--
Thanks

Jack Steiner (steiner@sgi.com)          651-683-5302
Principal Engineer                      SGI - Silicon Graphics, Inc.