Re: ia64 needs to shake memory from quicklists when there is memory pressure.

From: Robin Holt <holt_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-03-15 03:24:13
On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:15:10AM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> > The "ideal" would be to have a node aware slab cache.  Since that
> > is probably a long time coming,
>
> Manfred already did one. Perhaps we can get that going again? would
> be useful for more than just this ...

Is this the kmem_cache_alloc_node() stuff?  If so, when I use that
for page table allocations, running AIM7 on a 32 processor machine
consistently live-locks the system.  Everybody is waiting inside
kmem_cache_alloc_node() cachep->spinlock.

Is there a different patch I should be looking for?

Thanks,
Robin