RE: cpu_to_node_map on UP systems

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-03-10 11:13:54
>On Wednesday, March 9, 2005 11:31 am, Luck, Tony wrote:
>> Yes, tiger builds ok with SMP=n (if you pull from the
>> linux-ia64-test-2.6.12 you'll also gets Bjorn's fix to
>iosapic so the the
>> resulting kernel will boot, rather than hang).
>>
>> There are still problems with building the generic kernel with SMP=n
>
>I thought we had worked all these out awhile ago?  I assume you're merging all
>this stuff as fast as you can now that 2.6.12 is open?  Or do
>you need me to resend?  If so, let me know when you've got the bulk of your
>queue merged and I can fix things up, rediff and resend.

I'm trying to not go "as fast as I can" this time around ... I'm
aiming for better review and test of stuff as I put it in (to avoid
at least some of the messes that I made before).

At the moment I'm skimming backwards and forwards through the
backlog picking stuff and loading it into linux-ia64-test-2.6.12
tree.  I'm going to try to be more systematic about routing
patches through the test tree before moving them into the release
tree.

I have little hope that the SMP=n,GENERIC patches will still apply
by the time I get back to them ... so a re-diffed fix would be
appreciated (in a couple of weeks when the backlog has drained).

-Tony