Re: PCI Express

From: Grant Grundler <iod00d_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-03-10 05:48:29
On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 12:12:37PM -0600, Colin Ngam wrote:
> The MSI address portion allows 64bits for the address.

Yes - *allows*. It also allows devices to implement 32-bit MSI address.
MSI "Control" bits indicate what is implemented.
See PCI2.2 spec or later and search for MSI.

> I am very much interested in your assertion that the MSI address is
> defined by PCI Spec to be 0xfeex_xxxx.
> Can you kindly point me to the relevent section?

It's not and it doesn't belong there.

IA64 specs defines Processor Interrupt Block and where it lives.
See "IntelŪ ItaniumŪ Software Developer's Manual"
	Volume 2, Part 1, Section 5.8.4
	Volume 2, Part 1, Section 11.9.3

grant