Re: PCI Express

From: Colin Ngam <cngam_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-03-10 05:12:37
Nguyen, Tom L wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 05:29:13PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
>

>>An MSI should behave like a processor sending an IPI to itself since
>>

>its
>

>>address can be targeted at the processor's interrupt block and set to
>>generate a local interrupt.  Is that right, Tom & Grant?
>>

>MSI address is programmed at 0xfeex_xxxx (based on PCI Specs) to

Hi Tom,

The MSI address portion allows 64bits for the address.  It should be an
address whereby a specific Platform has configured with sufficient
information to generate an Interrupt to the targeted "cpu" with the
payload - IRQ.

I am very much interested in your assertion that the MSI address is
defined by PCI Spec to be 0xfeex_xxxx.  Can you kindly point me to the
relevent section?  Perhaps if you have an online copy, can you cut and
paste the relevent section?

Thanks.

colin