Re: PCI Express

From: Grant Grundler <iod00d_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-03-09 14:04:23
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 05:29:13PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> An MSI should behave like a processor sending an IPI to itself since its
> address can be targeted at the processor's interrupt block and set to
> generate a local interrupt.  Is that right, Tom & Grant?

Yes - that's how I understand it too.

> If this won't work for us, no biggie, we just have to abstract things a
> little more.  We could make the MSI into a platform specific cookie that
> we can store a SHub/PIC/TIO address in and other platforms can use to
> target the processor interrupt block.

Couple more options:
o add hooks for MSI quirk/fixup for *after* the MSI has been assigned
  by generic code.

o make sure all MSI only go to "node local" processors. I thought
  platform code has some control over the CPU EID and data portion of
  the MSI. But I haven't looked over that in a few monthes.

grant