Re: PCI Express

From: Colin Ngam <cngam_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-03-08 07:40:42
Grant Grundler wrote:

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your respond.

>On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 05:42:08PM -0600, Colin Ngam wrote:
>

>>Is MSI/MSIX support available for ia64?
>>

>Yes

I looked at Documentation/MSI-HOWTO.txt(linux-ia64-release-2.6.11) and
it mentioned that CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC has to be configured.  I did not
find this configured on in any sample ia64 config files, but it does
exist in defconfig for i386.  Is this just an ia32 config option?

>>Are PCIE devices supported in ia
>>

>I'm having trouble with the word "supported".
>You have a PCI-E Bridge and firmware that can talk to it
>hooked up to an ia64 box?

Pretty soon.

Is there any ia64 box with MSI and PCIE actually "activated and running"?

Thanks.

colin