Re: Page fault scalability patch V18: Drop first acquisition of ptl

From: Hugh Dickins <hugh_at_veritas.com>
Date: 2005-03-05 06:08:30
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> > Nacked for the same reason as just given to earlier version.  Ugly too.
>
> Ok. Then we could still get back the also ugly solution in the earlier
> patchsets that acquired the spinlock separately before getting to
> do_wp_page (also no need for the separate patch anymore). Patch is
> then shorter too.

Maybe.  I should make it clear that I simply haven't examined the
recent incarnations of your patch, was just commenting on an issue
I could comment on quickly without needing to find time to think.

So, I just want to make clear, this absence of Nack doesn't mean
Ack: I remain uneasy with it all, waiting to see some architecture
maintainers come along with a clear "Yes, this is how it should be".

Hugh