Re: Using ski to debug linux kernel ?

From: Christian Hildner <christian.hildner_at_hob.de>
Date: 2005-03-05 00:22:36
baswaraj kasture schrieb:

>I want to debug linux kernel (IA-64)  with SKI. I have
>created   simulated disk image. Where do i put my
>kernel image ? on the simulated disk or some where
>else ?

The command line is:

(x)ski bootloader your_kernel simscsi=your_diskimage

bootloader is created from the kernel sources

your_kernel must be configured with CONFIG_IA64_HP_SIM active
your_kernel does not need to be in the disk image

You'll find more information in the ski howto files.

>I tried putting kernel image on simulated disk (in
>boot directory ), but didn't suceed ? could someone
>help me in this regard ?

If you have further questions there is a wonderful mailing list special
for the simulator at lia64-sim@napali.hpl.hp.com . There are some really
experienced experts listening.

Christian