Re: take7: vector sharing (Large I/O system support)

From: Kenji Kaneshige <kaneshige.kenji_at_jp.fujitsu.com>
Date: 2005-03-02 12:20:38
Christoph Hellwig wrote:

>>The problem is naming, I think.  Those aren't "cache entries", they
>>are statically preallocated entries.  How about changing the config
>>option name to:
>

> Even for early allocations what speaks against alloc_bootmem?

I didn't use alloc_bootmem because I thought alloc_bootmem was
very simple allocator and we should not use it to allocate
arbitrary size (not PAGE_SIZE * n) of memory so frequently.
But I don't know about it very much and my understanding might
be incorrect.

Can I use alloc_bootmem as well as kmalloc to allocate arbitrary
size of memory?

Thanks,
Kenji Kaneshige