RE: [patch 2.6.11-rc3-bk4] Correctly dereference ia64_mca_data

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-03-02 10:32:52
Back on February 9th, I wrote:
>I wrote a test program that loads up random values into registers
>(just r1-r31, a bunch of stacked registers, and f2-f127 for now)
>and then checks that all the registers haven't changed value a
>few thousand times, before reloading with a new set of random
>values.

A few people asked whether I could post the program ... it took
a while to get sign-off ... but that gave me time to add "branch",
"predicate" and half a dozen "application" registers to the mix,
plus make it print the name of the register that was nuked (instead
of a number that required manual translation).

I've tested it by using a debugger to zap one of each class of register
that is being monitored to check that it works.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/aegl/ia64regcheck.tgz

Usage ... compile, and run a few copies.  If they all "exit(0)" (which
may take a couple of days) the test passed.  Otherwise you should see
the name of the register printed to stderr, and exit code 1.

Apart from the MCA case, I haven't seen it report a problem yet ... but
I've only run a few hours.

-Tony