RE: [patch]:MC/MT enabling/identification for IA-64

From: Seth, Rohit <rohit.seth_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-02-26 07:12:34
David Mosberger <mailto:davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> wrote on Thursday,
February 24, 2005 10:12 PM:

>   Rohit> I think we should have some consistency (wherever possible)
>   Rohit> in /proc/cpuinfo fields across architectures.  This will help
>   Rohit> applications writers.  Currently siblings and cpu core fields
>   Rohit> are already added for i386 and x86_64.
>
> Hmmh, I don't see a "cpu core id" field in the x86 code.  Am I missing
> something?

"Cpu Cores" identifying the number of cores in a physical package is
present in x86_64 and not there in i386 tree.

Will following work:

Physical id: Identifying the unique physical package id for LEU
Core id: Identifying the unique core id on that specific physical
package
Siblings: Identifying the total number LEUs on that physical package.

Siblings is the one that apps have already started using on i386.

-rohit