Re: [patch -mm series] ia64 specific /dev/mem handlers

From: Andrew Morton <akpm_at_osdl.org>
Date: 2005-02-23 10:34:56
Jes Sorensen <jes@wildopensource.com> wrote:

> After applying the clue 2x4 to my head a couple of times, I came up
> with this patch. Hopefully it will work a bit better ;-)

I know it's repetitious, but it's nice to maintain a changelog entry along
with the patch.  Especially when seventy people have asked "wtf is this patch
for?".

Implementation-wise, do you really need to clone-and-own the mem.c
functions?  Would it not be sufficient to do

	ptr = arch_translate_mem_ptr(page, ptr);

inside mem.c?

> + *  arch/ia64/kernel/mem.c
> +extern loff_t memory_lseek(struct file * file, loff_t offset, int orig);
> +extern int mmap_kmem(struct file * file, struct vm_area_struct * vma);
> +extern int open_port(struct inode * inode, struct file * filp);
> +

Please find a .h file for the function prototypes.