Re: [patch -mm series] ia64 specific /dev/mem handlers

From: Jes Sorensen <jes_at_wildopensource.com>
Date: 2005-02-23 08:38:42
>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Hansen <haveblue@us.ibm.com> writes:

Dave> I was talking with Nigel Cunningham about doing something a
Dave> little different from the classic page flag bits when the number
Dave> of users is restricted and performance isn't ultra-critical.
Dave> Would something like this work for you, instead of using a real
Dave> page->flags bit for PG_cached?

Just took a quick look at this and it looks a bit heavy for our
use. We are only looking at a small number of pages. However I could
imagine future cases where performance may be more critical.

Cheers,
Jes