Re: [rfc] generic allocator and mspec driver

From: Jes Sorensen <jes_at_wildopensource.com>
Date: 2005-02-17 06:10:56

>> I'm also not thrilled about mem.c being cloned into arch/ia64.
Tony> Looking more closely at what you did, things aren't as bad as I
Tony> first thought.  Strike that comment from the record.

Tony,

No problem. I really didn't want to do it, but it seems that the -mm
series already introduced this for Xen. It was that or 3 zillion
#ifdefs ;-(

Tony> But the PG_arch_1 dual usage issue remains.

Hmmm for some reason I had the impression PG_arch_1 was only used on
PPC/PPC64 for icache current status, but it looks like you're
right. Darn ;-(

Can't we just drop swiotlb and tell people to buy real hardware? ;-)))

Ok, I'll invent a new flag!

Thanks for the input!

Cheers,
Jes