qemu on ia64 linux

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-02-12 21:37:07
Not sure if there is much interest in this, but I was curious what it
would take to get qemu to work on ia64 and so I have been hacking on
it a bit in my spare time.  There are several still a couple of things
wrong about it, but I now got it to the point where it boots an i386
kernel.  Running on a 1GHz McKinley, /proc/cpuinfo claims it's a 1GHz
Pentium Pro with 1880 bogomips.  I'm sure that's entirely bogus, but
it definitely feels quite a bit faster than a pure interpreter such as
bochs.

I plan to clean up the patch as time permits but should anyone care,
let me know and I'll see about making it available sooner rather than
later.