RE: [patch 2.6.11-rc3-bk4] Correctly dereference ia64_mca_data

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-02-10 12:13:00

  >> Am I seeing this right: the path doesn't save practically nothing
  >> other than what is saved in the PAL min-state area?  The path
  >> presumably also ought to switch the register-backing store (I
  >> think Keith alluded to this previously).

  Tony> No ... we jump down to ia64_os_mca_proc_state_dump that saves
  Tony> a lot of stuff ... but not apparently the right stuff.

Ah, yes, that looks (slightly) better.  That code is really hard to
follow and could use serious cleanup.

BTW: just as a heads-up: as I'm working on integrating libunwind, I'm
changing the way INIT stack-dumps are done.  The idea is to do things
in such a way that we avoid having to create a (dummy) switch-stack
structure before invoking the INIT-handler.  Basically, it'll just
simplify the assembly code.  Hopefully, this will also make it easier
to create a stack trace from an MCA-handler, but I'm not there yet.