perfmon2 specification document available

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-02-09 10:22:15
Hi,

The perfmon2 full interface specification (v0.6) is now available as
an HPLabs external technical report. The interface is carefully designed
to be very generic and flexible without compromising access to
processor specific features. There is nothing specific to Itanium in it.
As of today, this is the most advanced interface available for Linux.
We hope it could serve as a basis of discussion on a future unified Linux
interface.

The document IS NOT a description of the current Linux/ia64 implementation
in 2.6 kernels. Instead, this document describes how the interface will
look like in the near future.

As users of the interface, I would like to sollicitate your comments.

You can grab the document at:
	http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2004/HPL-2004-200R1.html

Thanks.
--