RE: [patch 2.6.11-rc3-bk4] Correctly dereference ia64_mca_data

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-02-09 10:45:25
>I assume you already checked that I didn't introduce any other stupid
>dereferencing bugs?  I'd do it myself, but I'm still catching up with
>my email backlog...

Whatever bugs are left are subtle, not stupid.  I've been injecting
errors every 20 seconds[1].  I've seen 2 bad things happen so far:

1) My ethernet connection goes down within a dozen errors consistently.
But I think this is an artifact of the error injection technology ... the
same issue happens with 2.6.9

2) I saw one user process failure ... while stressing the system with a
"make -j16" kernel build, one of the complilations error'd out with a
bizarre internal gcc error.  So possibly a register was corrupted???

-Tony

[1] I haven't been running the injector continuously all day at that
rate ... just on and off with different tests running.  But I have
seen a few hundred MCAs recovered in this time.