Re: Kernel 2.4.21 gives kernel panic at boot time

From: Christian Hildner <christian.hildner_at_hob.de>
Date: 2005-02-07 19:16:14
Baswaraj,

if you don't really want to have an initrd, it is better to drop it. Put your scsi driver + mpt into the kernel and then boot without initrd. See my sample config for 2.4.25 kernel. If you have an HP ZX6000 you should be fine using it without modification. If not focus on setting the correct scsi driver.

Christian