Re: [patch] fix per-CPU MCA mess and make UP kernels work again

From: Jack Steiner <steiner_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-02-04 13:09:57
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 05:48:26PM -0600, Russ Anderson wrote:
> Tony Luck wrote:
> >
> > Also I noticed that ia64_sal_to_os_handoff_state
> > hasn't been replicated ... won't we need that too?
>
> According to the SAL Spec, MCAs are supposed to be handled
> one at a time.

It has been a long time since I looked, but I thought the
spec allowed either implemention, ie. serialize OR all-at-once.

Maybe I'm remembering the error handling guide but I know
I have seen this somewhere.....

> I would like that to change, so that multiple independent
> MCAs could be handled in parallel, but that would require
> a number of Spec changes (ie the way rendezvous works).
>
> We should go down that path...
>
> --
> Russ Anderson, OS RAS/Partitioning Project Lead
> SGI - Silicon Graphics Inc          rja@sgi.com
> -

Thanks

Jack Steiner (steiner@sgi.com)          651-683-5302
Principal Engineer                      SGI - Silicon Graphics, Inc.