Re: [patch] fix per-CPU MCA mess and make UP kernels work again

From: Russ Anderson <rja_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-02-04 10:48:26
Tony Luck wrote:

> Also I noticed that ia64_sal_to_os_handoff_state
> hasn't been replicated ... won't we need that too?

According to the SAL Spec, MCAs are supposed to be handled
one at a time.

I would like that to change, so that multiple independent
MCAs could be handled in parallel, but that would require
a number of Spec changes (ie the way rendezvous works).

We should go down that path...

--
Russ Anderson, OS RAS/Partitioning Project Lead
SGI - Silicon Graphics Inc          rja@sgi.com