Re: Kernel 2.4.21 hangs up

From: Christian Hildner <christian.hildner_at_hob.de>
Date: 2005-02-01 20:03:38
baswaraj kasture schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I compiled kernel 2.4.21 with intel compiler .
>While booting it hangs-up . further i found that it
>hangsup due to call to "calibrate_delay" routine in
>"init/main.c". Also found that loop in the
>callibrate_delay" routine goes infinite.When i comment
>out the call to "callibrate_delay" routine, it works
>fine.Even compiling "init/main.c" with "-O0" works
>fine. I am using IA-64 (Intel Itanium 2 ) with EL3.0.
>
>Any pointers will be great help.

- Download ski from http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/ski/download.php
- Compile your kernel for the simulator
- set simulator breakpoint at calibrate_delay
- look at ar.itc and cr.itm (cr.itm must be greater than ar.itc)

Or for debugging on hardware:
-run into loop, press the TOC button, reboot and analyze the dump with
efi shell + errdump init

Christian