Re: [patch] fix per-CPU MCA mess and make UP kernels work again

From: Russ Anderson <rja_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-01-29 09:54:12
Tony Luck wrote:

> >OK, how about this patch?  Compile-tested and boot-tested for zx1 UP
> >and SMP and GENERIC.  I also verified that INIT dumps works for all
> >three kernels.
> >
> >The discontig stuff is untested but I hope I got it right.
>
> Russ ... Jesse ... can you ack when you test this.

The system does not seem to recover as often with this patch, but
I'm not sure why.  At first I thought it may be just reasonable
varience, but after backing out the patch and re-running more times,
then re-applying and re-re-running, it certainly looks like the
test fails quicker with the patch.

When it fails, it Oops's with an ip of 0, as if something was
not restored properly.  But I have to dig deeper to find out
what is going on.

--
Russ Anderson, OS RAS/Partitioning Project Lead
SGI - Silicon Graphics Inc          rja@sgi.com