Re: glibc-2.3.2 NPTL caveat

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-01-25 06:54:54

  Tim> That explains a lot of problems we had with MySQL crashing
  Tim> almost instantly on startup on IA64 machines too.

Hmmh, was this problem reported somewhere?

  Tim> So what needs to be done?

If you run on Debian, the easiest workaround for now is probably to
invoke the program via /lib/tls/ld-linux-ia64.so.2.

Of course, you could also force the use of the LinuxThread-based libc
by setting environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.4.18, but if you
want NPTL, that's not a useable solution.