Re: pgprot_writecombine & shub 1.x

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-01-20 08:51:45
On Wednesday, January 19, 2005 10:04 am, David Mosberger wrote:
> Adding new routines for supporting this sounds reasonable, but I think
> it needs to be added to linux/efi.h, since EFI isn't ia64-specific.

Something like this then?  Works for my test cases.

Add a new EFI memory map checking function called efi_range_is_wc for checking
if address ranges can be mapped with the WC (write coalescing) attribute.
Useful for fbmem, userspace PCI mapping, and other places where write
combining might be beneficial but unavailable.

Thanks,
Jesse