Re: pgprot_writecombine & shub 1.x

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-01-20 04:56:59
On Wednesday, January 19, 2005 9:53 am, David Mosberger wrote:
> I'm still not clear which case you're concerned about: mapping I/O
> memory with WC or mapping real memory with WC.  For the latter, I
> think we may need an API to allocate memory that can be mapped WC (if
> possible at all).

Oh, I thought I said that in the first message, I'm talking about I/O memory
here.  In any event though, we shouldn't be mapping anything with the WC
attribute that the EFI memory map doesn't allow.  And yes, we probably do
need a special allocator for mapping regular memory with WC or UC attributes
to avoid mapping the same region with different attributes.

Thanks,
Jesse