Re: time to reconsider HZ?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-01-20 04:40:18

  Christoph> I think its not a big issue and may still be beneficial
  Christoph> if occasions arise where one has to divide by HZ. Do you
  Christoph> know why the code size is reduced?

I assume it's because we're doing more tick -> msec than tick -> sec
conversions, but I haven't tried to verify that.  I agree that we
should first find out what the real reason for the code-size reduction
is before changing (though the "not wanting to be needlessly
different" argument still remains...).