Re: pgprot_writecombine & shub 1.x

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-01-20 04:28:27
On Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:51 am, Jim Hull wrote:
> I'm not really qualified to design the right linux interfaces, but to be
> IPF compliant, you need to change all such places to first consult the EFI
> memory map.  Whether you do this once at boot time, on every call, whether
> to fail an unsupported request or remap the attribute to something the
> platform can support (e.g., mapping WC to UC), is all up to you.

So I guess we need to add ia64_set_page_wc() and ia64_set_page_uc() functions
that set the appropriate page bits or return errors if the EFI memory map
says a particular mode isn't allowed?  How does that sound to you, Tony &
David?  Fortunately there aren't that many users of pgprot_writecombine so
fixing them up should be easy.

Thanks,
Jesse