time to reconsider HZ?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2005-01-15 17:04:37
Since most other Linux platforms which use HZ>100 use a HZ value of
1000, I'm thinking it may be safer to switch ia64 to HZ=1000 as well
(principle of least difference possible is generally a good one...).

In the past, I was concerned that there might be enough code that
divides by HZ that this might not be such a hot idea, but I think this
may not (or at least no longer) be the case: I compiled the same
kernel once with HZ=1000 and once with HZ=1024 and the code-size
actually shrunk.

What do others think?