RE: INIT handler modification

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-01-08 10:57:41
>You're right, this is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.
>Unfortunately, it's a little more complicated than the change
>you propose, because we need per-CPU areas (or locking) for
>saving the min-state areas from firmware.  I think the recent
>"per cpu MCA/INIT" changes are heading in this direction, so
>please take a look at those, try them out, and improve them!

There should be enough parts of Russ Anderson's changes in the
http://linux-ia64.bkbits.net/linux-ia64-test-2.6.11 tree to give
this a try.  It should also show up in the next -mm patch (it
missed 2.6.10-mm2).

You'd need to add some serialization in ia64_init_handler() and/or
init_handler_platform() to make sure that all the cpus didn't stomp
all over each other printing their registers, and you'll only want
one of them to walk the tasklist providing backtraces.

-Tony