Re: INIT handler modification

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-01-08 04:51:17
On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 15:13 +0100, Francois Wellenreiter wrote:
> Here is the main point, the present code of INIT handler for slave CPUs
> is reduced
> to (file arch/ia64/kernel/mca_asm.S) :
> ______________________________
>
> GLOBAL_ENTRY(ia64_slave_init_handler)
> 1:      br.sptk 1b
> END(ia64_slave_init_handler)
> ______________________________
>
> I think that when the kernel is deadlocked on another CPU than the
> monarch one,
> the traces may be a bit short when I push on the "DUMP" button to have a
> complete
> diagnosis of my system.

You're right, this is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.
Unfortunately, it's a little more complicated than the change
you propose, because we need per-CPU areas (or locking) for
saving the min-state areas from firmware.  I think the recent
"per cpu MCA/INIT" changes are heading in this direction, so
please take a look at those, try them out, and improve them!