INIT handler modification

From: Francois Wellenreiter <Francois.Wellenreiter_at_Ext.Bull.Net>
Date: 2005-01-08 01:13:31
				Dear all,

	first of all, my best wishes for this new year.
Second, I just wanted to start a discussion about INIT handler
considerations.
Here is the main point, the present code of INIT handler for slave CPUs
is reduced
to (file arch/ia64/kernel/mca_asm.S) :
______________________________

GLOBAL_ENTRY(ia64_slave_init_handler)
1:      br.sptk 1b
END(ia64_slave_init_handler)
______________________________

I think that when the kernel is deadlocked on another CPU than the
monarch one,
the traces may be a bit short when I push on the "DUMP" button to have a
complete
diagnosis of my system.

Thus, I propose you to change the following code (file
arch/ia64/kernel/mca.c)
______________________________

void __init
ia64_mca_init(void)
{
         ia64_fptr_t *mon_init_ptr = (ia64_fptr_t
*)ia64_monarch_init_handler;
         ia64_fptr_t *slave_init_ptr = (ia64_fptr_t
*)ia64_slave_init_handler;
______________________________

into

______________________________

void __init
ia64_mca_init(void)
{
         ia64_fptr_t *mon_init_ptr = (ia64_fptr_t
*)ia64_monarch_init_handler;
         ia64_fptr_t *slave_init_ptr = (ia64_fptr_t
*)ia64_monarch_init_handler;

What do you think about it ? Do you fear it may induce an unwanted
behavior towards MCA handling ?

Best regards,

					Francois WELLENREITER