Re: page fault scalability patch V11 [0/7]: overview

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds_at_osdl.org>
Date: 2004-11-21 06:16:12
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> "The perfect is the enemy of the good."

Yes. But in this case, my suggestion _is_ the good. You seem to be pushing
for a really horrid thing which allocates a per-cpu array for each
mm_struct.

What is it that you have against the per-thread rss? We already have
several places that do the thread-looping, so it's not like "you can't do
that" is a valid argument.

		Linus