Re: removing mm->rss and mm->anon_rss from kernel?

From: Diego Calleja <diegocg_at_teleline.es>
Date: 2004-11-09 03:57:10
El Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:30:37 +0100 Erich Focht <efocht@hpce.nec.com> escribió:

> You're talking about clusters, i.e. multiple running instances of the
> operating system. I don't think anybody really wants to go far beyond
> 512 nowadays. Application-wise 512 cpus/node isn't really needed (but

<the newspaper guy>

SGI is already building one of 1024 CPUs according to some sources:
http://www.computerworld.com/hardwaretopics/hardware/story/0,10801,94564,00.html

but...

"Initially, Pennington said, the system will use two images of Linux -- one
per 512 processors -- while it's being tested and configured. Later, all 1,024
processors will address one image of the SGI Advanced Linux operating system
being used."

Also here ->
http://www.sgi.com/company_info/newsroom/press_releases/2004/november/jaeri.html
it talks about another supercomputer of 2048 CPUs, but I don't find clear
if it's a cluster, or several images.