RE: rename generic_defconfig to defconfig?

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-11-03 08:51:29
>> So I assume the proposal to to update defconfig with the current
>> contents of arch/ia64/configs/gen_defconfig, and then delete
>> gen_defconfig?  That way defconfig is something that actually
>> builds and boots on a fairly wide variety of machines.
>
>Yep, that sounds great.

Ok.  I just pushed a change up to bkbits.net (whole defconfig file attached
to this e-mail for non-BK users).  It boots on Tiger, and meets my
module-pain threshhold (doesn't require initrd to boot), but it does
pull in a bunch of USB and ACPI modules after it boots.  I'm happy
to take more patches to make it run standalone.

-Tony