RE: rename generic_defconfig to defconfig?

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-11-03 05:35:29
>Given the above, generic_defconfig seems to be in good shape
>to takeover as defconfig.  Tony?

That sounds ok to me ... "arch/ia64/defconfig" doesn't really
fit anyone's machine right now (does it ... speak up now if you
are somehow depending on it).

So I assume the proposal to to update defconfig with the current
contents of arch/ia64/configs/gen_defconfig, and then delete
gen_defconfig?  That way defconfig is something that actually
builds and boots on a fairly wide variety of machines.

-Tony